Co-operatives in Northern Uganda have invited Six Canadian Co-operative Association volunteers to help them measure their enterprises against international standards using CCA’s Development Ladder Assessment Tool (DLA). Follow Linda Archer’s exciting account of their 2-week mission working side-by-side with Ugandan co-operators as they plot the path forward for their co-ops and credit unions. The result is a snapshot of how the co-op is doing - and a set of benchmark scores for measuring progress as they grow their co-operative enterprise.

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Day 22 - Goodbye Uganda

I leave today for home.  One of the women in the group at Bwindi lives in Kampala and picked me up to do a bit of shopping for gifts for my family. I checked and my flight is on time. I’ll meet a CCA colleague for lunch and then will be picked up for the trip to the airport for my 5:30 pm flight. 

I’ll be spending the next 30 hours or so in transit with 4 flights so won’t be writing much till I get home. 

And so, it’s good-bye to Uganda and to the amazing people I’ve met here.  If I’m lucky I may get the chance to return. 

No comments:

Post a Comment